Monday 21 May 2012

Honesty seeds

I have been experimenting with bookbinding papers. I recently printed up a new linocut design based on honesty seedheads - they're so beautiful. I am allowing myself to play with colours although am still drawn to plums, greys, greens and mustard. Moriki Kozo is another handmade Japanese paper - gorgeous to look at and touch, it is a dream to use for printmaking and with lovely strong fibres yet great pliability, it is also great for bookbinding.

I am very much at the practising-until-I-get-this-perfect stage right now, so anything I show on here is mine all mine lol. I will be selling these soon though, but I want to be sure that I've got the process just so before getting Folksy about it all.



It's not a bad start, and I love the way the mustard paper almost looks gold contrasted against the purple bookcloth. This will fill up soon enough with sketches, ideas and lists no doubt. A5 size, it'll be the smallest that I do with papers like this - albums and larger journals/sketchbooks are on my to-do list.

2 comments:

  1. Ooo very pretty! I agree, the contrast is stunning, one of my favourite colour combos. As a notebook nut, i'll be looking out for these in your shop!

    Leanne x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great, what a lovely combination of colours.

    ReplyDelete