Tuesday 10 July 2012

All the fun of the fair.

No, happily for me it is not the whirlygig waltzers kind of fair with wickedly grinning spin-makers ready to make your stomach lurch in fear. Don't get me wrong, I fall for all that lovely slightly spooky but charming nonetheless carnival music, it's just am not a fan of any rides except the dodgems and the carousel (ok, and the big tea-cups are ok too)! Not your bravest individual, clearly. No, I'm thinking more of a different kind of charm altogether - this will be a festival full of finely-tuned folk music, festivities and an art-craft market, all courtesy of The Folk Forest, Tramlines and Folksy.  It is all happening in Sheffield's Endcliffe Park in just over a week on Saturday and Sunday 21/22 July...and I'm going to be there together with the friendly Folksy family and 34 other lovely stalls of  things brightly and beautifully made.


thefolkforest.net/event/210712-the-folk-forest-tramlines-2012/

I have obviously been very calmly doing my thing and not at all been a picture of crazed mum all splattered in ink sporting a dangerous smile, not a bit of it. ;P Of course the rest of our little world has decided that now is the perfect time to slip in one or two extra commitments, meetings and appointments and I naturally welcome them all (dangerous smile is back, watch out).

Still, I can see light somewhere and I think the end of the tunnel is lurking close by just waiting for the smile to relax a little. I have been adding a few things to my Inkyprints range to launch at the fair (always wise, I won't hear a word against this plan) so there will be some new larger journals, some limited edition hard-back journals and some art prints to go along with the more familiar stock. Phew. I'm saving the reveal for the Fair itself, so pics will be after that...I might manage a sneaky peek soon, but just a little one mind!

I have also been working on the presentation side of the business and am delighted with some bits and bobs coming together - these include my new event banner:


...do you know, I think I really am looking forward to it now. I'm breathing again and hey, that smile has softened at last too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment